1. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position, disconnect both battery cables, and wait minutes.
2. Open the glove box door and remove the hinge pins (see Figure 1).
3. Carefully maneuver the glove box door out of the dash and disconnect the cable support (see Figure 2). Place the glove box door aside in a safe location.
4. Remove two screws and remove the glove box door latch by sliding it down and forward see Figure 3).
5. Remove two additional screws (see Figure 3) and reposition the glove box insert panel
WARNING: The yellow air bag (SRS) harness connector is mounted to the top side of the glove box insert panel you re-positioned in step 6. Use the following precautions when repositioning the glove box insert panel.
- Do not disconnect the yellow air bag (SRS) harness connector.
- Do not allow the glove box insert panel to hang from the yellow air bag (SRS) harness.
- Do not kink, pull on, or distort the yellow air bag (SRS) harness.
6. Lift up on the HVAC microfilter cover panel tabs to release them (see Figure 4). Then, remove the cover panel to gain access to t he microfilter.
7. Replace with new one and reinstall on blower unit.
8. Reinstall the instrument lower passenger panel.
When installing a new microfilter make sure of the following:
- The filter is installed so that the arrow, on the end of the filter, is facing the rear of the vehicle and is pointed upward.
- The microfilter sits on top of the two black plastic tabs, not behind them.
- The ledge on the back side of the microfilter cover panel slides below the microfilter.
NOTE: If the microfilter is improperly installed, the ledge on the back side of the microfilter cover panel pushes directly into the microfilter, causing distortion. A distorted microfilter may interfere with the recirculation door.